15 CREATIVE TOOLS FOR CONTENT CREATORS IN 2022|
15 CREATIVE TOOLS FOR CONTENT CREATORS IN 2022.
The process of creating content that is rather focused on quality than quantity is daunting. With thousands of content released daily on the internet, you are challenged as a content creator to be unique for your content to get the audience it deserves.
To do this, you are required to use digital tools that will aid you in creating content which will grab the attention of your audience.
These content-creating tools can help you out at every stage of the content creation journey, including:
- Trend-spotting and keyword research
- Content research
- Writing and Editing
- Graphic design and imagery
- Podcasting and audio broadcast
- Video creation and webinar hosting
Below are 15 creative tools for content creation that you need to look into in 2022.
Trend-Spotting and Keywords Research.
Creating content is not a magical process. It is often a science; having a sequential pattern from start to finish. Most often than not, the beginning of this sequence is trend-spotting and keyword research.
Content creation is not about generating ideas from thin air, it is about answering questions that people are asking. And to know what people are interested in you need to spot trends and research keywords.
Below are tools for trend-spotting and keyword research.
1. Google Trends: This is the most popular trend-spotting tool on the internet now, owned by the Internet whale; Google.
Google’s free trends tool shows you what’s trending on the internet today, as well as letting you research topics’ performance over time. It helps you spot topics' patterns, plan, and make sure you’re not aloof in the ever-changing news cycle.
This helps you stay on top of the game and react quickly with the right piece of content that people are interested in.
2. Brandwatch: For you to predict the future you often have to look at the past, and that's exactly what Brandwatch does.
Brandwatch has tools to slice and dice up to ten years of a brand's social and consumer conversation data, so you can spot patterns and predict the future.
Here’s how it works:
- Segment and analyze data from a huge range of sources and over one trillion posts
- Use AI to spot insights and narrow down specific trends in the areas you’re interested in, so you can predict what will take off next
- Track and benchmark conversation from leading brands and influencers, or your competitors, to understand how others engage with and react to trends
- Understand the huge variety of audiences who create and shape trends, and how they communicate
3. Moz Keywords Explorer: To create relevant content, you need to know what keywords people are searching on the internet. You wouldn't want to go through the stress of creating content and people don't notice you. All you need to do is to run a keyword check for your blog or website on Moz keyword explorer.
This tool will provide you with keyword suggestions and a SERP analysis reflective of the keyword’s search volume, difficulty, opportunity, and potential.
Once you start exploring, you can export CSV files and save them for later. This includes the top ranking sites containing your keyword or phrase. Moz Keyword Explorer allows for two free searches a day. If you require more searching, you can upgrade to a paid subscription starting at $50 a month.
You can often hit a roadblock in the process of creating content. At this point, ideas aren't flowing. In writing, this is called "writer block". So what do you do at this point?
The tools below will help spark ideas and help you come up with unique concepts.
4. TypeForm: Asking questions is a great way to generate ideas for content especially when you have a strong social media audience. The challenge often is how to ask these questions and get a lot of people to engage your questions in the easiest form possible. That’s where Typeform comes in.
Typeform is a user-friendly quiz, form and survey builder that allows you to ask your audience questions in different formats; through imagery, multiple choice, short answers, yes or no, and more.
Once you have your quiz in place, you can share it across multiple social media networks in the formats that work best for your audience. 10 questions and 10 responses per month are free, and Basic, Plus, and Business versions with additional features are also available for a fee.
5. Answer the Public: AnswerThePublic is a fantastic way to explore questions and problems that your prospects or customers have. This tool scrapes autocomplete search data from Google.
It uses them to create spider diagrams with chains of topics that relate to one another – which is ideal for content creators because that overlap is where the real content ideas are.
You get two free searches a day – although a paid account gives you more searches, data, and tracking
6. Hubspot Blog Ideas Generator: This tool is very interesting to use, I call it 'the thinking tank' because it literally helps you 'think' out ideas. If you’ve got something uninteresting to grapple with, HubSpot’s Blog Ideas Generator can help get the ideas trained in motion.
It does exactly what you’d expect: generating generic blog titles including whatever noun you type in, leaving you to work on just the body of your blog.
Writing and Editing.
Writing is not as easy as it seems; having to meet a lot of targets, from SEO to short sentences, and balancing all these with effectively expressing yourself requires good writing skills. Here are some tools that will help write effectively.
7. Grammarly: Grammarly is an automated proofreading platform. It corrects over 250 types of spelling, grammar, and punctuation errors.
A lot of content creators love the premium version, which helps adjust style and tone for different audiences. So if you’re juggling content for several different platforms and feel less confident in your spelling and grammar, Grammarly is there to help.
8. Hemingway Editor: This Editor is a proofreading tool for readers. It details the revisions you can’t see in Grammarly without upgrading to Grammarly Pro. Once you copy your content into Hemingway Editor it automatically highlights style suggestions.
Sentences highlighted in yellow or red will flag where writing is too dense. One of its strongest features is its capability to highlight the use of passive voice.
Graphic and Imagery.
Imagines say a thousand words. There is hardly any content on the internet today without graphics. Most social media platforms like Pinterest and Instagram thrive on graphic content.
Below are creative tools for graphic content.
9. Canva: Perhaps the most wildly used graphic design tool, Canva is a platform where you turn your thoughts into images.
What makes this tool interesting is the features, including photos, photo filters, icons, shapes, and hundreds of fonts.
As a new user, you can sign up for a free Canva account and start designing with ready-to-use design layouts. Canva comes in handy with pre-sized social media templates with a lot of templates for flyers, posters, and email headers.
10. Pixlr: This tool comes in handy when creating graphics for presentations and social media. You can use Pixlr to resize images, remove the image background, and apply quick fixes.
Pixlr provides the functions of PhotoShop for free. There are a lot of features in the free version. But for more editing capabilities, Pixlr Pro comes with more design tools and features for $14.99 a year.
Podcasting and Audio Broadcast.
Podcasting is gradually gaining relevance as a means to grow and engage an audience. Influencers use podcasting as means to deep dive into topics, as well as sharing audiences with guests.
Let's look at creative tools for creating audio content.
11. Anchor: Anchor is a free audio content tool, probably one of the most popular on the internet now. Anchor helps in creating, distributing and monetizing your podcast. It integrates with all key podcasting outlets and free social media platforms for audio.
Its easy distribution with Spotify helps you to analyze podcast performance through analytics through engagement insights. With this tool, you can easily create videos and audio recordings that are perfect for sharing on social media.
12. Audacity: This is another free creative tool for audio content. Record, edit and upload your masterpiece, either remotely or in person with Audacity.
Video Creation and Webinar Hosting.
It is no news that most content creators today are making a transition to video content. More and more internet users consume more videos than any other form of content. To jump right into this trend, don't worry much about the know-how. Here are creative tools for video content.
13. Benime: This is a free tool you can use to create animated videos. With cool features and templates, this tool enables you to turn your ideas into motion content without much knowledge of video creation.
14. Biteable: Making videos look professional and can be extremely time-consuming. If you’re creating educational content or hosting a webinar to show something off, biteable is the perfect content creation tool. It has in-built templates and effects to decorate any footage or presentation.
A paid plan gives you access to a lot of features, but with the free version, you can still create great content in no time.
15. Video Peel: This tool comes in handy for marketers who need social proof. This tool is an innovative marketing tool which lets you create User Generated Social Proof Content by rallying your customers. You have to pay to subscribe, but the genuine, heartfelt recommendations are worth it.
This brings us to the end of the 15 creative tools for content creation in 2022. These awesome content creation tools will help you stay on top of your game in an ever-growing skillset that working in content creation brings.
My Social Media Handle:
Facebook: Samuel Wilfred
Linkedin: Samuel Wilfred